Indian electricity distribution caters to nearly 200 million consumers and has a connected load of about 400 GW is one of the largest in the world. It has 73 distribution companies, 13 in government department, 17 private distribution companies, 41 corporate and 2 SEB’s. However, in India, generation is given utmost importance and leaks in distribution are left out to appease certain political fiefdom. Only 9 states in the country has achieved 100% consumer metering and 23 states has 100% metering at 11 KV feeder level. Still more reforms are addressed such as open access and independence of state load dispatch centre and phasing out of single buyer model.
From unplanned and frequent electricity power cuts, lack of staff, lack of transparency, red-tape the distribution sector has come a long way in India. In the last decade, most of electricity distribution companies have made several customer friendly measures which brings transparency. Some of the them are
1. IVRS : Major state electricity distribution companies have zonal call centres – with 24X7 call assistance. One can dial a number to know the power cuts, reason and restoration of the same.
2. SMS : Many consumer now-a-days get alerts for bill payment, complaint registration on mobile.
3. Apps : Some companies have also launched mobile apps for supporting customers, which helps them to register complaint, pay bill, review electricity charges etc.,
4. Websites : Besides the above, the distribution companies website carry more details on their upcoming projects, pending issues, grievance redressal, online payment of electricity bill, management personnel details etc.,
5. Collection Kiosk: In major cities or in rural villages, these distribution companies have also resorted to third party payment collection which helps consumers in a big way . Where they can pay all utility bills in one go !
With new smarter and intelligent grids the consumers are set to reap more benefits.
Torrent Power Ltd has invited Request for Selection (RfS) for the procurement of up to 300 MW of power from ...Read More
One of the main reason for lacklustre performance of power sector is the inability of state electricity boards to purchase ...Read More
Odisha Power Transmission Corp is planning to set up a 132 KV line from Chandikole to RTSS Dhanmandal a distance ...Read More
Odisha Power Transmission Corp Ltd is planning to set up an insulated sub-station with SAS at Hinjlicut in Ganjam district ...Read More
Karnataka Power Transmission Corp Ltd is planning to set up sub-station in Gargeshwari, Karadi, Belman in Karnataka. The company has ...Read More
Assam Power Distribution Co Pvt Ltd has recently commissioned the 33 KV industry line from 400 KV Kukurmara Grid sub-station ...Read More
The following is the list of all Indian Electricity Distribution Companies in India
List of All Electricity Distribution Companies in India
Company Name: Assam Power Distribution Co Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office Bijulee Bhavan, 4th Floor Paltan Baazar City: ...Read More
Company Name: Bangalore Electricity Supply Co Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office K R Circle, City: Bangalore 560001 Karnataka ...Read More
Company Name: Brihan Mumbai Electric Supply & Transport Undertaking OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office BEST Bhavan, 1st Floor BEST ...Read More
Company Name: BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office BSES Bhawan, Nehru Place, City: New Delhi 110048 ...Read More
Company Name: Central Assam Electricity Distribution Co Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office Bijulee Bhavan Paltan Baazar City: Guwahati ...Read More
Company Name: Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Corp Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office No.29 Vijayanagara 2nd stage Hinkal City: Hinkal ...Read More
Company Name: Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Co Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office Daganiya Sunder Nagar Post City: Raipur ...Read More
Company Name: Dakshin Gujarat Vij Co Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office Sardar Patel Vidyut Bhawan, Race Course, City: ...Read More
Company Name: DNH Power Distribution Corporation Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office Vidyut Bhavan, Near Secretariat Amli, Silvassa City: ...Read More
Company Name: Essel Vidyut Vitaran Ujjain Pvt Ltd OldName: Group : Address: Corp Office 6th Floor, Plot No. 19 & ...Read More